Jan 21, 2013

The Next Big Thing

So, I was tagged by Meredith Booke to do this thing called The Next Big Thing blog hop. 

So *Bows* Thank you...

Oh, hell, that's not what this is about, huh? Nope. I haven't won any awards, but I have something awesome to share with you all about my current work in progress!!


What is the working title of your book?
It's called Jumper. And I think I'll be sticking to the title after a long, hard think-through about it. Yes, this is aka The Sound of Winter, for those who checked out my music soundtrack post below this.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It came from this,

Less Than Three press' anthology call, entitled If Your Reading This. You know all those news reports about "Someone found ___ at a local thrift store" that we've been hearing about for a few years? The story came about from an idea like that.

What is the genre of the book?
It's a non-explicit, contemporary M/M romance story

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
This is always one of the hardest questions you see, because I am not really a movie watcher anymore.
I suppose I wouldn't mind who was chosen, as long as their ages were right for the characters. Cause isn't it terrible how companies do that "oh, this person's 25 but they look 19".

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
FYI: This sucks and is NOT OFFICIAL!
After finding an old engagement ring in a jacket bought at the local thrift store, Austin is unprepared for what happens next--meeting the man who he's been truly waiting for.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency/publisher?
This will, of course, be going to L<3 Press for publication via a serial anthology. *hopes*

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It took about a month, give or take a few days. But the editing, on the other hand, has taken me another month and a half, since I'm a picky shit and need to make sure the story is golden before sending it out.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
This, I hate to admit, is something that I don't know. If there are non-explicit, romance/plot driven stories in the M/M world, please email them to me. I'm a sucker!!

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Well, basically, I wanted to write another story like "For Those Who Wait", my non-explicit, fluffy story I wrote for the Goodreads M/M romance group. I'm a total sap for romance, not just the sex.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
There's so much more to it than the basic plot "Austin finds a ring and returns it". There's a whole story revolving around the ring, around Austin, and how everything comes together in the end. The story surrounding the ring is quite angsty -- for those who love drama. There's non-explicit sexual tension -- for those who like to read by the seat of their pants. A tad bit of mystery and an antagonist-like character (aka not exactly a bad-guy) and... I don't know, I'll let readers be the judge.

Oh, and I can't believe I totally forgot about this song:

 
Third Eye Blind: Jumper


So now I'm tagging:

Kate Lowell: http://thebluntinstrument.wordpress.com/

Shayla Mist: http://shaylamist.blogspot.com/

Jadette Paige: http://jadettepaige.blogspot.com/

Go check em out!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Az, I completely missed thanking you for tagging me. Thanks! I'll only tag one person if that's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shay,

    No prob. Tag as many as you want. :)

    ReplyDelete